How to Report Fraud
If you feel you are the victim of account fraud or identify theft, act immediately. This should help minimize the damage to your personal accounts and credit rating.
If you suspect fraud in connection with your credit union accounts, contact us right away. We will help settle your claim quickly and with as little inconvenience to you as possible.If you suspect you're the victim of identity theft, you should also contact these agencies:
- Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Identify Theft Hotline:877-ID-THEFT
- Social Security Administration's Fraud Hotline
- Credit bureau fraud hotlines
Other Fraud Protection Resources
- Department of Justice Internet Fraud Information
- SEC Internet Fraud Information
- Anti-Phishing Working Group
Please remember that AFEFCU will never ask you for personal information, or information about your credit union accounts via e-mail, a web page, or over the phone.